We can accept enforceable undertakings (plans to improve) from energy companies if we've identified issues with how they're delivering services to customers.
Electricity and gas company enforceable undertakings
We can accept enforceable undertakings from energy companies to support the long-term interests of Victoria energy consumers
An enforceable undertaking is an administrative alternative to court action. We may accept a written undertaking from an energy company regarding any matter that relates to our statutory functions or powers.
If the licensee does not comply with their obligations set out in the undertaking, we can enforce compliance with the undertaking in court.
Enforceable Undertakings Guideline
Our enforcement undertakings guideline helps regulated entities and persons who are considering offering an enforceable undertaking to us. It explains:
- the commission’s power to accept an enforceable undertaking
- the process for offering an enforceable undertaking to the commission
- the commission’s general expectations concerning the form and acceptable terms for an enforceable undertaking
- consequences of entry into an enforceable undertaking with the commission
- consequences of breaching an enforceable undertaking.